Sunday, April 29, 2012

Week 18 - March 12, 2012

Hi family,

Well we got the word on Saturday, and Elder S and I are staying here! We're way excited about it. The catch is that we're gaining one elder, named Elder F. Because of the way missionaries are coming in
and out in the next few transfers, we're going to have a few extra Spanish missionaries, so two companionship's have to double up for a transfer. We are one of those companionship's! To be honest, we're really nervous about it. Really nervous. Elder F is a great guy, and he actually already served in Versailles, which kind of makes the whole situation even weirder, since he's returning to an area. But we're mostly nervous because we feel like people aren't as receptive to two white guys standing on their doorstep. What are the odds that they are going to be receptive to three now?! And the fact that we are kind of struggling to find new places to go to knock isn't exciting.

But what is exciting is the progress in the area! We had two investigators at church yesterday. Enrique is still doing awesome. He is nervous about baptism, and we're trying to figure out why/explain to him how great it is. But he loves to come and learn, and is always down to have us over. The other interesting thing that happened this week was teaching the law of chastity to our friend Gustavo. He has been living with his lady friend for 8 years! He told us that he understands it, thinks they should tie the knot, etc. He really did
take it very well. The funny thing about the whole lesson was that at the end he said, "Oh, well we've just never really talked about it." Never talked about marriage after 8 years? We just live in a totally different world as members of the LDS church. Hahaha. But he really took it well, and we're excited for him. We think he's really got potential.

We're still hearing lots and lots about tornado clean up. The stakes throughout this whole region are uniting and organizing efforts to help communities. We won't be involved though, since we're pretty far away from the significant damage. But some of the worst stuff was in Elder S's first area, so it's possible that someday I'll be in an area that will be involved with stuff like that.


Spanish is going okay. I finally told myself that it's now or never --
I can either sit there and say nothing, or I can just give it a go. I'll never learn if I don't try, right? So I'm trying hard to speak a more in lessons. If I mess up... well, that's how we learn, right? But so far there haven't been any really embarrassing moments. Or none that I am aware of. Haha. So anyway, Im' just trying to jump in a little more. We teach the Restoration enough that you'd think I'd have it down pat by now. And I kind of do. But knowing it and spitting it out are very different things. Haha.

I think that's about all for now. Things are going well, and I'm glad
to have 6 more weeks here. If it's anything like this transfer was though and it will be gone like THAT. Does anyone else think time is
moving super fast? I do.

Thanks for all you do for me! I love you guys!


-- Elder Zac


And pictures are taking forever to attach, so I think you might have
two weeks without them. I'll see what I can do.

No comments:

Post a Comment