Saturday, April 28, 2012

Week 13 - February 6, 2012


Buenos dias, familia!

Well, last week we visited like a million people for Elder S to say goodbye. Kentucky just sounds like a goofy place, but I have met some of the coolest people ever here! It was sad to watch him say goodbyes, but I get to stay, so that's fine. Haha.
Goodbye Elder S!
Tuesday we went to Louisville. I got my new companion, Elder S. He is so cool! He is from Carson City, NV, and he's actually a convert, which is kinda neat. He speaks good Spanish, which is nice. We kind of catch people off guard when we approach them to talk or give them a card. They don't expect two white guys to be able to speak Spanish. Hahaha. Anyway, we have a super good time together, and I am so looking forward to this transfer because I know we're going to be great friends. But hardworking, too!

Update on a few people -- we saw Sergio. That was a no-go. He told us we are welcome back anytime, but that he isn't going to make any commitments to us. Bummer, huh? But maybe a little seed is planted there or something. He was just so promising in our first two visits.

Roxy... well, she cancelled both times this week. We finally saw her for like, 15 minutes one night this week. But she had watched Other Side of Heaven on Netflix one night, and she said she cried through the whole thing! Then she said she is super super interested in baptism and stuff. It just wasn't the time to commit her to anything, but we are so excited that she is doing a bunch of the heavy lifting all on her own! She is so cool, and we are so excited for her.

We did lots of tracting this week, which was kind of an adventure. We actually knocked on one door, and this guy let us in. He was way nice. Then, this girl that was eating in the other room came over and was like, "Oh, yeah, a bunch of my family is with your church. I took the lessons back in the day. I loved Relief Society. I read the Pearl of Great Price once before, and that other book... the Doctrine and Covenants?" She totally knew all of the names of everything. WOW! We have an appointment to go back this week and chat with her and the guy (named Servero). Fingers crossed they work out, because that would be super super cool.
Tracting with Agustin. And our new ties!
I got your package this week, and it was great. I had just run out of Christmas candy, so getting some sweets was a welcome surprise. Also, our ties are gorgeous! You chose just right for me, and Elder S is really happy with his too. He said he's going to tell his mom that y'all sent us ties so maybe his mom will send us some. Haha.

We decided to save some miles early in the month so we aren't freaking out at the end of the month. To do that, we decided to walk to an appointment to a less active's home. It's 2.5 miles one way, which isn't a bad deal. It was raining, so we brought our umbrellas. My backpack got super soaked, so we stopped at K-Mart and I bought a giant umbrella. I didn't realize how giant it was until I got outside and opened it up. Apparently it's "golf-sized" for caddies or something. But I know my backpack will never get wet again! haha. Oh, and the less active told us to come back another day. Successful use of time, eh? But it's just all in a day's work. Haha.
My giant umbrella. Hahaha
Yesterday we had a separate testimony meeting in Spanish! After visiting and reminding everyone we knew on Friday and Saturday, no investigators showed up. But we did it anyway, and the few Hispanics and all of the Spanish speaking member filled up that little Relief Society room. It was AMAZING! Irma shared her testimony, and she is so strong. It was really really amazing, and it was so cool to see our ward mission leader and bishop need translation into English. It was so neat, even if we didn't get investigators there. I hope we can keep going with it, because the Spirit there was really really wonderful. So cool.

That's about all I have time for. I'm doing well, and I'm really looking forward to this transfer. Elder S and I are going to do some great work, I can just tell. We're doing good for now, we don't need anything. We are well taken care of here!

Have a good week everyone!

Love,
Zac

No comments:

Post a Comment