Saturday, April 28, 2012

Week 14 - February 13, 2012


Hola familia!

We are still knocking doors like crazy, and we have found some really wonderful people that are interested in learning.

The one I told you about last week, Lily, that already knew everything about the gospel? Well, she's actually already a member apparently. We visited her and her roommate Servero again. I guess she just hasn't been to church since she moved to KY four years ago. But she said she is interested in coming back, and that she doesn't go to other churches because she disagrees with the teachings. She is great. Now we just have to get her to the chapel! And Servero is great too. He's cool, and seems to be interested. He'll be a slow mover, because he said if he does ever join a church he wants to know for himself that it's right. And I think that's perfect. We need strong people in the church, not the ones that get dunked in the font and never come back. So we're working with them. They didn't come to church though, so that was bummer. But there's always next week!


Roxy is doing good. The zone leaders came down, so I went out with Elder D all day while my companion, Elder S, was off with the other zone leader. Elder D and I taught a good lesson with Roxy. Teaching in English is so easy compared to Spanish! Hahaha. But it was a great lesson about the Holy Ghost, and she said she believes the church is true, wants the Spirit in her life, etc. All of the golden responses. But she won't commit to a baptismal date yet because she's afraid of her dad. He used to be a crazy drunk, and he ran the missionaries off in the past. But he's cleaned up a bit, so we're hoping he'll let her get baptized. She is so close, and she wants this. It's so exciting to hear when people want the message you bring. It's so fun to share the thing that makes you so happy with other people! And soon enough she'll have the fullness of the gospel in her life full time. :)

Speaking of the zone leaders, that day I was with Elder D we tracted. A lot. And he is such a smooth door-knocker. They are English elders, so it was up to me if we ever ran into Spanish (which we didn't. bummer), but I learned lots from him about being personable and kind. He asks great questions. It was a cool day. Knocking doors isn't too bad. Plus, that's where we get some of the best stories from. I don't have any super colorful ones yet, but I'm sure it's just a matter of time. Hahaha.

Elder S and I have been having tons of fun. This transfer is going to be so great. He loves to do good work, so we're always busy knocking, calling, visiting, teaching, etc. And laughing along the way is so great.

The Frankfort Elders have had some creatures in their attic. So they borrowed a live trap from a member, and then ended up catching a squirrel! So naturally, they killed it, skinned it, and fried it. We were there for the whole process. It really didn't taste terrible, although the effort was definitely not worth the tiny bit of meat on those little things. I'll stick to buying it already dead and pieced at the store. Haha.

Me and Elder D
 It got cold this week. Luckily the snow melted. The cold isn't a terrible deal, it's the ice and snow that aren't much fun. But there is plenty of winter left, so I'm sure I'll encounter some more of it before long. Haha.

I guess that's about all for now. Things are good. We taught lots this week. Met great people. Learned lots of new stuff. I feel like my Spanish is progressing! Yay! So it's good. And to think I'm coming up on my 6 month mark pretty quickly. That's pretty crazy! It's been pretty fast, and people say it only gets faster. Weird!

It's cold!
 Thanks for everything y'all are doing. Keep on keeping on. 1 Nephi 17:13 says, "And I will also be your light in the wilderness; and I will prepare the way before you, if it so be that ye shall keep my commandments; wherefore, inasmuch as ye shall keep my commandments ye shall be led towards the promised land; and ye shall know that it is by me that ye are led." I love that image -- having a light in the wilderness to guide us to where we should go. The Lord will show us the way if we look for the signs he gives us. He won't let us get lost. :)

Have a good week!

Love,
Zac

No comments:

Post a Comment