Sunday, April 29, 2012

Week 16 - February 27, 2012


Hi everyone!

Can I just tell you how much I like church? As a missionary you are really really busy on Sundays. They don't really feel like a day of "rest" like they should be. But it's so fun when you have three investigators come, and Gospel Principles is super great. I think I've told you about the Gonzalez family -- she is from Chile and he is from Mexico. They have three super adorable daughters. They always translate in sacrament meeting and then teach Gospel Principles. I love how excited they are to serve and help. How come I was never like that in my callings? Haha. Anyway, they are so great, and help make church really really amazing for the people we bring.

Speaking of, because we're in Versailles and there aren't many members here, it's hard to get people to church. We had to do a Priesthood exchange yesterday and the week before so that we could get people to Frankfort. I rode with Enrique, the cool guy that speaks a dialect and a mostly-active guy named Patrick. He's way way cool, and I think it's been good for him to do a little service with us and to have someone to chat with. He's great. Elder S rode with another family and a guy named Rufino. On the way home from church Rufino offered to sing a song about God. The member that they were with speaks Spanish, so he egged him on a little and Rufino belted some weird song. I was kinda sad I wasn't there. Haha.

I don't know if I ever talked about Gustavo. He's way cool, and he came to church too! He said that he really loved it, and that he wants to keep coming back. We had also promised him that he could find work if he prayed, and really did his best to honor Heavenly Father, etc. And guess what -- the same day we promised he could find work as he sacrificed some time to come to church, he found a job! So he is so excited because he is seeing the blessings of the gospel already, and he's only been around it for a few weeks!

The work is going pretty good. We are pretty excited about these three in particular, because they are all progressing so well. Roxy is also doing so great, although her dad still hasn't softened at all about the baptism thing. But she's still plugging along.

We taught English again yesterday at the little Mexican store. I just really really love watching people learn and apply stuff. I haven't seen lots of that with the gospel stuff yet, so hopefully that all comes along pretty soon, but this English stuff has been so fun to be a part of! And Patricia, the store owner, started asking me lots of questions about becoming a legal citizen. Of course I don't know much about it, but I told her to pray and demonstrate some faith, and that God would bless her. I tried to get her to come to church (because we want to start infusing gospel stuff with these English lessons too), but she says she has to work at the store on Sunday mornings so that she can help her family back in Mexico. I tried hard to explain to her that sacrifices in the name of keeping commandments brings blessings far beyond what we have to give up. I don't know that I did a great job, but I tried, and we're still going to keep going back and working with these people. They are all so cool!

Hmmmm... can't think of too much else that has gone on this week. We've had a hard time finding new investigators. In our four weeks together, Elder S and I have basically tracted all of the Hispanic hot-spots in Versailles. We're going to have to start focusing on Frankfort, which is harder because it's bigger. But hopefully that means there are great people up there to find!

Oh, we did have interviews with President and Sister W last week. I like them so much, and I wish we got to see them more. They are always so fun and uplifting to be around.

Anyway, I think that's about all this week. I guess I don't have a cool spiritual thought for y'all, just know that the gospel is good and true. Live it and love it!

I love you all!

--Elder Zac

No comments:

Post a Comment