Monday, July 30, 2012

Week 34 - July 2, 2012


Hi everyone!

Well, the humidity got here yesterday. It's gross, and I am not a fan! Hahaha. But we'll live. And we had a cool lightning show last night during a storm, so that was fun. And we know that we won't have wildfires like in Arizona, so I guess that makes them even better out here.

This week was good. We feel like we worked hard, though it was one of those weeks that might not really show any of the fruits of your labors. We're still working with Aida, and all seems well for her baptism this weekend. She is just so cool. She is nervous for it, and to be honest, I'm nervous for it. It's just rough that this is an English ward. The two Spanish branches are 25 and 30 miles away, and she already needs rides to church because her family isn't super supportive. So many challenges to overcome in any conversion story, they just seem to be amplified as a Spanish missionary. But she has such great faith, we hope that she can continue on, and that the ward will pull it together. There are some inactive Hispanics on the roster here, but other than Aida and one family that makes the sacrifice to drive out to a Spanish branch, she's kind of the only Hispanic in the pews. But God sent us here to teach in Spanish, so we're doing it!

I guess I don't have much to say this week. Things have been fine, it just wasn't super eventful. And I'm kind of tired today, for some reason. Pray for us that we can get everything done this week, and that Aida will have the courage to keep going, despite language barriers and all of the other challenges of being new in the gospel.

We're doing good. Working hard. It might be Elder S time to leave Clarksville at the end of the transfer, but we aren't positive. There's just no way to know. I don't really want a new companion just yet, but I also don't really want to stay here for too long. And normally, the person that comes to an area first, leaves first, so the sooner he's gone, the sooner I can go. I learned with my previous area that you might love the people and enjoy what's going on, but a change reinvigorates you. Gets you pumped up a little bit, to do new things, meet new people, etc. I'm not dying to leave right now, but this would be a hard area to stay in for a long time. Elder S was here for five transfers. Five! And that's just too many.

Anyway, all is well. I'm glad everyone back home is doing good! Y'all have a good week!

Love,
Zac

No comments:

Post a Comment