Monday, July 16, 2012

Week 27 - May 14, 2012


Hi everyone!

I talked to y'all yesterday on the phone, so I don't know that I have tons to say. But I will publicly say that it's been quite the adventure so far. I haven't had volcanoes blow ash on me (Kyle in El Salvador), or hitch hiked to unexplored neighborhoods in my area (Tanner in Chile). But I have learned a lot about the kind of person I am, about overcoming nasty stuff in life, and about how happy the gospel makes me. I already knew that last one, but it's extra clear as I have talked to so many people that are close-minded to our message, thinking they know better, thinking that they don't need it, and saying that they are happy. But they often times don't seem very happy, and I feel like the principles of the gospel would fix that. So I try to share them, just in case they'll bite.

Us in a park trying to contact people. That's Louisville across the (super super gross and brown) Ohio River. We can't really see the skyline unless we get really close to the river, so it was fun to go down there.
We are doing good here in Clarksville. After three weeks of contacting and tracting and contacting and tracting, we're finally sort of sifting through and finding those that are willing to sit and listen. Rodrigo and Esbida, a super super kind couple, are having us over tonight for our third visit. We're so excited for them, because as we were chatting in the second lesson, Rodrigo told us about how he felt something so different -- a harmony, he said -- as we talked about the Restoration of the gospel. And that is what it's all about! Take that feeling and hold onto it! Chase after it! It's a confirmation that what we are saying is from God! So we hope to bring that feeling to their home each visit. They are seriously so cool, so we are excited to visit them.

New ties (thanks, Mom and Dad!) and our new tiny scriptures! They come with a cool camouflage case that make us look super legitimate.
I'm running out of time on my computer, so I don't know that I have time to share more. But I'm working hard, and doing the best I can. I have really learned a lot, especially in the last couple of months. I hope y'all can feel it in the letters, because I'm happier. Not everyday is super happy, but most days are at least alright, and every once in a while we have a really great day. So we're doing good. :)

Thanks for all that you do for me! Aren't we so lucky to have the truth in our lives? It's just so good. Too good to ever let go of. :)

Have a good week!

Love,
Zac

No comments:

Post a Comment