Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Week 2 - September 22, 2011

Hey everyone!

Well, we just got back from a session at the temple. I didn't get lost this time after my session, so that's good. Haha. It was a really good session. I thought I had lost my white handkerchief with my white initials, but I found it last night in my luggage! Kyle told me you'd keep finding things in your suitcases and that it would feel like Christmas when you did. So true! It's going to be and adventure to repack everything though. At least I have a few weeks before that happens.

My companions got their visas and itineraries, so the leave on the 29th for the Dominican Republic. They're freaking out a little bit about the Spanish, but that'll be so cool to jump right into it all.

Spanish has been coming along. It's hard sometimes, but I almost always understand the jist of what my teachers are saying. I have to ask them to go slower or repeat, but I can see the improvements that I've made since I've been here, so that's good. Remember Victor? He was our progressing investigator the first week? He's actually Hermano J, our second teacher. He's really cool, and Hermano W has really grown on all of us. Tanner actually had them as teacher when he was here a few weeks ago. I'm in the exact same classroom he was in and everything! Now we're teaching two new progressing investigators separately, Juan Carlos and Ivan. Teaching is so frustrating because I know what I want to say, but often times can't really say it. But it's a crazy good exercise, because we're already getting acquainted with extending commitments, helping them keep the commitments, and building their faith with them.

Russell M. Nelson spoke to us on Tuesday night at our devotional. That's the third apostle in a row for Tuesday devotional (only the second that I've been here for), and apparently that's really unusual. He talked about the Book of Mormon and the new issue of the Ensign (which, might I add, is very good). We were all given a copy in preparation for his visit, and we all held them up for him when he asked if we had received our copies. It was cool to see the whole auditorium hold them up. He talked about how important the Book of Mormon is, and the intense history behind getting it printed here, in Britain, in Salt Lake, etc, and how it is the most important tool we have to help others in our purpose as missionaries. Our purpose, in case you didn't know, is: Invitar a las personas a venir a Cristo al ayudarlas a reciban el Evangelio restaurado mediate la fe en Jesucristo y Su expiacion, el arrepentimiento, el bautismo, la recepcion del don del Espiritu Santo, y perseverar hasta el fin. That's just about the only thing I have memorized in Spanish, but it says: Invite others to come unto Christ by helping them receive the restored gospel through faith in Jesus Christ and His atonement, repentance, baptism, and enduring to the end.

I'm out of time, but I'm doing well. Things are hard sometimes, but mostly I'm learning and growing all the time! Thanks for all your love! You're the best!

Love,
Elder Zac

No comments:

Post a Comment