Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Week 40 - August 13, 2012


Hi everyone!

Okay, I hit my 11 month mark last week. Is that crazy to anyone else besides me? This is all going really really fast. Although it's sort of a trick, because each day is kind of long, but the weeks go by really fast!

Anyway, we're doing fine here in Clarksville. We are still struggling a little bit, but that is just part of the routine I guess. The ups and downs, you know? As part of the "downs" phase, no one came to church yesterday, which is a major bummer. Two weeks in a row, too. And I'm not necessarily doing this work for people to look at me and be happy with me, but it's really cool when wards notice the work you are putting in. When no one comes to church, it doesn't look like you're doing your job very well. But we do the best we can, and God knows what we've been doing all week.

Guess who we saw yesterday?! Aida! Yesterday was the Spanish fireside, and she was there. The firesides are a super simple formula: one main speaker (approx 15 minutes) + testimonies of congregation (as long as that takes) = super awesome meeting. Well, yesterday, Aida got up and shared her testimony! And it was the coolest thing ever. She talked about how happy she is, and that she can't wait for her family to have the gospel one day (the ones still trapped in Cuba), and that though she doesn't know everything, she feels that this is all true and right. What more can you ask for? She's so cool, and it was so fun when I went up to talk to her and she got excited to see us. :)


We had interviews with President last week, and a super super good training from the Assistants. Interviews were kind of serious this time around. Apparently our zone has been struggling lately, and our district in particular. But, being the district leader, I have to try to keep things running smoothly. I just want people to go out and do work. I think that is the solution to lots of the issues. Go. Do. Be the missionary your mom wants you to be. Problem solved. But, that's not always the case. So we keep going, trying to help each other along the way. The zone leaders and having a "district leader council" on Wednesday to give us a little bit of training (long overdue. all of the district leaders in the zone are new this transfer). So that will be helpful. Also, on Thursday we are going to hear from another member of the Quorum of the Seventy. That's two in three weeks! Sister Woodbury told us that they just kind of tell them when they're coming to tour the mission. They tried to tell the one coming that we were going to hear from one this transfer already, but he still wants to come. So we get a double dose of General Authorities this transfer! The downside is that we aren't going to the temple this transfer because of all of the meetings. But I've got my fingers crossed for next transfer!

We're doing good. Pushing along as best we can! I'm glad to hear that everyone at home is doing well. I love getting everyone's emails, because it seems like we are all doing super super good right now. Yeah, crap happens. But nothing the gospel can't fix, right? :)

Have a good week everyone!

Love,
Zac

1 comment:

  1. Hello Zac,
    Thanks for your great service in our ward, in Lexington. It was a blessing to know you. My very best wishes for you and your future, and your good family as well.
    Tu amigo, Joaquin
    PS. you may find me in FB under Joaquin Fenollar. I could not find your profile.

    ReplyDelete