Saturday, September 10, 2011

The Beginnings

Zac made it to the MTC this week.  He flew up a day early with Mom and Dad and spent some time in Salt Lake City.  They were able to attend a session in the Salt Lake Temple, visit the Visitors Center, and tour the Conference Center.

Mom and Dad just received their first letter and wanted to share part of it.

09/07/2011
"Things here are good.  I got checked into my class.  I met my comp, Elder S, and he's going to my mission!  But... my Spanish teacher thought my Spanish was too good for the Beginning class.  I had a quick conversation with a language coordinator in Spanish and he bumped me up to Intermediate!  Scary!  But really cool too.  I got a new room assignment and companions.  They are Elders G and M.  They're cool.

Things here run like clockwork.  How is it that the church is so good at organization?  It's unreal.  We've had some orientations, some teaching seminars, a good dinner, etc.  So much, so fast.  But everyone that's been here for a while makes it look so easy, so there's hope for me.  After all, it was just the first day."

Gila Valley Temple
Now Elder Baker
Made it to Salt Lake City
 
Temple Square


No comments:

Post a Comment